Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Study of Spanish

So this final term of my Junior year at GCE actually had me (or rather, I chose) a Spanish class. Throughout the term, we learned a multitude of verbs and how certain words change based on pronouns. Certain challenges for me definitely revolved around how I speak, as my slight accent gives me a rough time with thick "R" sounds, so of course, there were some words the were just plain hard to say. Another thing that, without a doubt got me mixed up, is the fact that I've studied Italian before also here at GCE. Add that with my basic Portuguese knowledge (since my parents are Brazilian), and I had a jumble of different words butting heads as all three of those Latin based languages have many similarities. The Action Project for the class though had us create some sort of writing essay with a visual, and 20 sentences of Spanish, so trying my best and using past notes, I decided to choose a topic on Spanglish since that was already something studied during class, and it's more common than you think in poetry. Just below you can see the product, and I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment