Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

A Play Of A Play

The second action project of the course Drama, we made a play that continues off of (in some way) the play A Doll's House. In the second unit, were talked about a doll character, someone that's what I like to describe as a simple and pretty plaything to whoever owns her. A Doll's House was one of the plays we read that features Nora, a character meant to be seen as a doll, but transforms near the end of the play into a much more independant character. One of the guiding questions for this unit was whether or not men and women should have different roles in society. In my personal opinion, I believe that humans are humans, and regardless of gender or race, we should treat each other and act equally. As of the Action Project, it's purpose was to tie together Nora (at the end of her play, specifically) with a notable and historical female figure that's mentioned in the art piece known as The Dinner Party. I chose Pandora because of how I perceive her, I believe she'd actually be in favor of gender roles while Nora just came from fighting against them, and I preferred a conflict against those two characters rather than the character representing me against them. Now, my script for the Action Project basically has me, a mysterious man from the future who has read A Doll's House decides to finish up the story as it doesn't really end in the sense of knowing everything that happens. Mr. G, the mysterious man from the future wearing a black tuxedo and sunglasses, wants to give Nora advice, but who else could give advice better than one crafted from the gods, made to be cunning and wise (and beautiful); Pandora. Yet, the two have very different opinions on gender roles.

Please listen to or read my script down below.





No comments:

Post a Comment