Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Song of Cesar


VG 11/6/13

     In one of my classes of global peace, we were assigned with chosing a freedom fighter out of a list or recommend our own that's one you don't know much about. I chose Cesar Chavez out of the list. After researching him I found out that he contributed to the fight against artificial grape growth, a chemical that would simulate the effects of modern day GMO (genetically modified organisms).





narrated here:





Song of Cesar


I am the freedom fighter,

not on the street,
standing tall on my feet

The one who’s mightier,
with the pen and not the sword,
where happiness you can easily afford

Cesar Chavez is my name,
peaceful resolutions are my game

It’s not about the money
it’s not about the fame,
it’s about what’s right, good, & humane

Making wars sensible not one bit
boycotting is truly what should fit

Call me a pacifist,
but answers do not rely on our fists

Violence is not the way,
so leave your weapons down at bay

All we need to do,
to clean up this zoo,
because this world is for me & you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi VG,

    Great that you shared your Freedom song this quick. What I miss is your own Freedom Song (see rubric). Also, you can embed the audio file instead of just pasting a link. If you want to know how, just ask me!

    GV

    ReplyDelete